• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:22 am Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
I decided to buy one of those mystery figure boxes, and went with Spice and Wolf. I figured my chances were good, with 6/8 of the figures being Holo (which I was going for). I never buy these since there is only 1 or 2 I ever want, and don't want to end up with something I'll be unhappy with (especially for the price Anime hyper)

Box 1: Nola... One of the two I did NOT want.

Box 2: (After a second trip to the store): Holo (FINALLY!)

http://www.nekomagic.com/?p=7546 This is the series of the figures. The Holo I got was the second one. I was hoping for the apple one, but I wasn't going to be picky (unless I got Lawrence Anime hyper)
Ooo, I want a couple of those. I like all of them.
Zeguna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote
Patlabor 2 Limited Edition
Patlabor TV Boxset 1
Patlabor TV Boxset 2
Patlabor TV Boxset 3
Macross Volume 2
Macross Volume 7
BrightxRingxFirefly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:50 am Reply with quote
From TRSI:

Aqua vol. 1 - I've been meaning to start this series for some time now.

Urusei Yatsura Movie 2: Beautiful Dreamer - I saw this movie on Sci-Fi a long time ago, and thought I'd pick it up now.
EricDent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
There is a "List" of reported finds in the blind boxes, not sure how
accurate it is though.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showpost.php?p=1795164&postcount=231
lkplkplkp3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I find that mania list you^ posted to be VERY useful. Oh, and for what it's worth, from my purchases I find that the $10 deal will *MOST* of the time get you something that has a suggested retail of $25 or more, but keep in mind that typically, despite being new(factory sealed), it's box could look really beat up.
wormraper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:05 pm Reply with quote
just got Eureka Seven Complete collection set 2 in the mail from Amazon marketplace today. still waiting on the copy of Set 1 from Deepdiscount that I ordered 2 weeks ago, lol
Richard J.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Got Negima! manga volumes 26 and 27. Probably the only thing I'll get all month.

I hate not having money anymore.
poonk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:17 am Reply with quote
This week I received Big Wind-Up (Ookiku Furikabutte) parts 1 & 2 (season 1). I've been meaning to check it out ever since it was in fansubs but always found some reason not to, despite all the positive reviews. I figured if I bought the DVDs I'd be more inclined to, y'know, actually use them, so we'll see...

In manga-land I finally received my pre-ordered (and much, much anticipated) Voice or Noise v03. While the story didn't, er, "advance" as much as I'd hoped between our protagonists (in some ways, at least), I was quite pleased and surprised to see that the end of v03 makes it quite obvious there is more material forthcoming, which I obviously would love to see licensed by BLU. *crosses fingers*

(Oh, and as for what I literally just bought, like tonight? That'd be the Kids in the Hall Complete Series Megaset, so I doubt I'll be watching any anime anytime soon. I remember loving that show, so I hope I'm not sorely disappointed as an adult.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wormraper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Eureka Seven Complete Collection Vol 1 came in the mail today!!! woohoo!! finally can complete my Eureka Seven collection
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Bought Galaxy Angel Rune volume 3 and Big Windup part 1 from Amazon for dirt cheap. I think it came to like $11 total. Also went to Fry's yesterday and got Brighter than the Dawning Blue and Hidamari Sketch x365 from their Sentai sale. $36 total. I went home to watch Hidamari but the first disc was scratched up pretty bad. I think when I go exchange it tomorrow I'll get Blue Drop and Skull Man also. Kinda tempted to try out that To Love-ru show...:/
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:14 pm Reply with quote
    Anime
  • I"s and I"s Pure collection
  • Monster Set 1
    Manga
  • Children of the Sea V.3
  • Vagabond V.7-8, VizBig editions

Haven't picked up much in a while but I am pleasantly content with most of these selections.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pantha

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
From RightStuf

1. Sea Prince and the Fire Child ("Back to School" sale)
2. Shigofumi Complete Collection (weekly special)
3. $10 Blind Box Bargain Item (padding)*

*This is my first time ordering one of these and I fully expect it to either be a) something I already own or b) something I absolutely do not want. But my luck has worked in mysterious ways so I'll see how it goes.
DieHardBleachFan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:12 am Reply with quote
Ok, been a while since I've posted in here! Picked up a few things recently:

Darker than BLACK Complete First Season
Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu-ray
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Trying to resist TRSI's Back to School sale seemed like a lot of hard work, so I didn't even bother. And this time instead of just getting anime and/or manga, I tossed in a couple of other stuffs. Here's what I ordered:

Anime

Fullmetal Alchemist Movie: The Conqueror of Shambala DVD

Fullmetal Alchemist: Premium OVA Collection
(Just finished the series and wanted to complete the non-Brotherhood collection.)

Kurau Phantom Memory DVD Complete Series (Hyb) - S.A.V.E. Edition (Been wanting this one for a while. The DVD bundle is actually a few bucks cheaper, but I need to save space. I know that will horrify purist collectors like The King of Harts.)

Master of Martial Hearts DVD Complete Set
('Coz I needs to bulk up my ecchi quotient.)

Moeyo Ken TV Series DVD Bargain Bundle (I may end up not liking this one, but for 10 bucks I can't really go wrong. If I don't dig it, I can sell it virtually for what I paid.)

Place Promised in Our Early Days, The DVD

Voices of a Distant Star DVD
(I rarely buy anime films, but I felt is was time to get my Shinkai on. CR is sweetly making 5 Centimeters a Second available later this fall.)

Manga

Cowboy Bebop Film Manga 1

Dance in the Vampire Bund 7 & 8

Gantz 10 thru 14

Stuffs

Otogi Zoshi T-Shirt - White - XL

Shakugan no Shana Wall Scroll (31 x 43 in): Frontal
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm with ya, Blood-, I gave in too on the last possible day, although it's entirely due to a post above me and me going "Omg! That's coming out?! SWEET!"

Anime:
Nighthead Genesis Litebox (weekly specials)
Sea Prince and the Fire Child (post above me sealed the deal for me ordering from TRSI and taking advantage of that price, now if only they'd put Ringing Bell out on DVD too I'd be a super happy classicalzawa)
Kino's Journey thinpack (from ebay)

Manga:
Demon Ororon 3 (completes series for me)
Cirque du Freak 6 (I would have gotten it this weekend but those jerks at Borders didn't email me a coupon)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 557 of 1401