• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: A.D. Vision Inc Sells ADV Films Assets, Anime Network, Amusement Park Media

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote
This is really bad. Geneon and Central Park Media are gone and now ADV lives on in other companies.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Is there a lawyer in the house who can translate the press release into English?
Case

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
Is there a lawyer in the house who can translate the press release into English?

I'm not a lawyer, but I can try to summarize:

Press Release wrote:

A D VISION SELLS ASSETS

HOUSTON, September 1, 2009 — A D VISION announced today that as of June 1, 2009, the company sold assets to other business entities. The asset sale isn't expected to interrupt the flow of our products to our customers.

AEsir Holdings, LLC bought "a subordinated interest in selected programming from ADV's film library" minus a certain amount of debt we owe on a loan we haven't paid off yet.

Section23 Films bought our "account servicing and distribution operations" for the programming bought by AEsir.

John Ledford, ADV's President and CEO, says the sale leaves ADV with the same amount or more money to pay off the company's loan, and for unpaid bills on anime the company may have licensed. The sale also means ADV's employees and customers may not face a total loss of what they expect from ADV.

In a separate transaction, Valkyrie Media Partners bought The Anime Network. This sale also includes a promise to pay off part of ADV's loans.

In another separate transaction, Seraphim Studios bought Amusement Park Media, ADV's in-house dubbing studio.

Further announcements are expected from the companies named above over the coming days.
AnimenexuS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:11 pm Reply with quote
ADV is not dead! It just lives on in our hearts
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1