• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:47 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Looks like I'm pretty much in the same boat lol. With the exception that anything I've bought from Japan always has english subs at least. But I always prefer singles, or at least chipboard thinpacks. Funi's flimsy crap can go to hell. Neutral

They bugged me at first too, but now, I kinda like them. It's their keepcase releases that drive me bonkers. They remind me too much of singles. This is why I hope they actually go through with that survey and start using chipboard sleeves.

Blood- wrote:
Sorry, but I refuse to give up my dream of making sweet, sweet love to Rie Kugimiya while she berates me in a tsundere voice.

That's...um....that's a little too much information. I probably could've lived a nice life without knowing that. However, this must be said:

It's...it's not like I'm moaning for you or anything!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Kimiko_0 wrote:
Ah, no problem. I was just curious about what CCS was going for these days. I see Amazon has it for $229 Shocked

That $229 one is a bootleg. The seller is advertising it as 70 episodes on 8 DVDs. My set cost more than that, but I did manage to keep it under the $500 mark.
Annf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I bought the 18-disc CCS DVD set from Right Stuf when they were on discount for $79.99, then sold them to an acquaintance last year for $300 and bought the Japanese Blu-ray boxes. Cool
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Annf wrote:
I bought the 18-disc CCS DVD set from Right Stuf when they were on discount for $79.99, then sold them to an acquaintance last year for $300 and bought the Japanese Blu-ray boxes. Cool

fffffffff now you are who I'm truly envious of. I was debating on whether to get those but i was too poor to afford them. they look lovely. Q3Q /want want/ it's starting to get to be too late to buy those, they stop manufacturing them in march if I'm not mistaken. ;3;
murph76

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Annf wrote:

Nice! I glanced at the blu-ray boxes, but they have no subtitles.

I wish I had been more into anime when CCS was still in circulation, that's a nice price. Still, I'm happy with my purchase. However, I am now thoroughly convinced that at a Cardcaptor Sakura license rescue, at a reasonable retail price, will be announced in the near future, since I spent a lot of money to collect the out-of-print series. Murphy's Law... Laughing
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Picked up Ys Seven LE today at Frys (one day sale of $39^^) and is it ever gorgeous! BEAUTIFUL artbook illustrations!
Pleinair

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Manga Haul! Feels like it's been a while since I got a good one. Darn long waits between releases. Various titles for myself and others.

Mine:
Otomen Vol. 7
Arcana Vol. 8
President Dad Vol. 5
Honey Hunt Vol. 5
Dengeki Daisy Vol. 1
Legend Vol. 1
Bakuman Vol. 1
Descendants of Darkness Vol. 10
Ouran High School Host Club Vol. 13
Black Bird Vol. 5
Jack Frost Vol. 3
Maison Ikkoko Vol. 1
Hybrid Child

Others:
Kamui Vol. 6
Dance in the Vampire Bund Vol. 1
Battle Vixens Vol. 6 & 8
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei Vol. 3 & 4
Tenjho Tenge Vol. 1 & 2
Sundome Vol. 7
Case Closed Vol. 34
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Bought the 009-1 SAVE edition from Best Buy.
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:09 am Reply with quote
Just received the Loveless boxset (the older one with the 3 "fat" cases*). Mostly because I thought it was an entertaining little show, but partially at least because I felt a little weird about having this** in my apartment but not owning the actual show.

*Nothing against slimpacks; I was somewhat paranoid about getting a litebox so I went to the other extreme. I'm not even sure if Loveless got the litebox treatment but I just don't think they look quite as satisfying on the shelf.

**Part of a cardboard manga display stand, nabbed back when I worked for Barnes & Noble; sorry for the crap quality, as it was cropped from the background of a photo of something else.

Last edited by poonk on Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:24 am Reply with quote
Annf wrote:

Wow dude, those are really impressive. You must have had to sell a kidney to pay for them Laughing .
luffypirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:44 am Reply with quote
Went to exchange Hidamari x365 at Fry's and got Blue Drop and Skull Man while I was there. They were out of Shigofumi Sad Ah well.
BeanBandit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
FMA Brotherhood Vol 2.
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Manga:
Berserk 16, 33
Blue Spring
Dead End vol 1
Air Gear 1-10
+anima 4

Anime:
Baccano vol. 2
Black Cat 2,3
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Rilly, RILLY Serious Collector - Anybody who meets the first two criteria AND who has ordered releases from non-Japanese regions outside their own region (i.e. somebody who lives in R1 orders something from R4).

Ordering from non-Japanese regions outside one's own is hardly rare enough to be worthy of special accolade, or at least not in regions less bountiful than R1.

If you wish to give kudos to those who do so however, we'd gratefully accept.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:13 pm Reply with quote
@Zin5ki: yeah, I was definitely mostly thinking of R1 collectors who went outside their patch. It's true that collectors in other regions dipping into R1 isn't that noteworthy considering the relative lack of titles in their "home" regions.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 560 of 1400