• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrightxRingxFirefly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm Reply with quote
I found the first volume of Clover new for cheap. I know the omnibus is out now, and I'll probably pick it up in the future, but I want the individual volumes of this one. The (shallow) reason? Because I think they're really pretty Razz
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Serious Collector - Anybody who has purchased 100 or more official TV series releases.

Wow, really? And here I thought i was ballin when I bought my 200th DVD (though with boxsets its so easy to inflate your totals). With my last purchase (which I mentioned sometime last week) I added three complete series and 19 DVDs, bringing the number of series I own to 40.

*sniff* I'll never be a big boy collector. *sniff*
wormraper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:18 am Reply with quote
oooo goody, I'm a serious collector then Very Happy
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote
Imperialkat wrote:
Blood- wrote:
Serious Collector - Anybody who has purchased 100 or more official TV series releases.

Wow, really? And here I thought i was ballin when I bought my 200th DVD (though with boxsets its so easy to inflate your totals). With my last purchase (which I mentioned sometime last week) I added three complete series and 19 DVDs, bringing the number of series I own to 40.

Aw, come on - you're only 60 away from the coveted Serious Collector status! Don't throw in the towel with the finish line in sight.
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quote
I forgot about this lol.

Negima 27
Honey Hunt 4
Gunslinger Girls Season 2- $21.99 @ Best Buy! Smile
Case Closed Season 3 VC
Ouran Host Club 14

Rebuys: GTO DVDs 7-8-9

I'm going to order a few more dvds but i'll have to stop again soon: I was hit by a drunk driver yesterday morning. I'm sore as hell and I may not have to pay for repairs out of my pocket until the guy gets out of the hospital.

Last edited by britannicamoore on Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:18 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Imperialkat wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Aw, come on - you're only 60 away from the coveted Serious Collector status! Don't throw in the towel with the finish line in sight.

Tough to do as a college student piling up the debt with student loans...but I'll get there some day!
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote
Did this order back in May. Eyeshield 21 vols. 17, 19 and the Haruhi Novel took over two months to get here after being shipped from TRSI. I also filled a lost claim statement for that shipment for naught. Razz

Manga

-Eyeshield 21 vols. 17-19
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure vols. 3-4, 7-8, 12-13
-Naruto vol. 48

Light Novels

The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya (Hardcover)

Anime

-Yu Yu Hakusho Season Set 4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

Does this include OVA and movies?

I guess I can be called a Serious Collector since I have roughly 120 different official TV series releases in my collection including my OVa and movies. If I count the fan subs for my non Region 1 yet or never to be released shows then I'm probably around 140 or so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pantha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 am Reply with quote
From RightStuf

1. My Bride is a Mermaid Part 2
2. $10 Blind Box Bargain item x2 (padding)*
3. $5 Blind Box Bargain item (padding)

I was going to get a $25 blind box, but then I started using my noggin. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be better if I get three $10 blind boxes, instead of one $25 one?" I'm terrible at numbers so it took a moment to realize that I should get two $10 boxes and one $5.

In case anyone was dying of curiosity, that $10 blind box I bought earlier ended up being b) something I absolutely do not want. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Vol. 4 (Limited Edition). Sealed, but slightly dented at the corners. Admittedly, it is a good deal, though, judging by Best Buy's $59.99 price tag that's proudly stamped on the cover. But I'm still getting rid of this.

...on second thought, I think I'll wait. I have strange luck, after all. What if the two $10 boxes I just ordered end up being Vol. 1-2 (Limited Edition). Oh boy!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:03 am Reply with quote
asimpson2006 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

I guess I can be called a Serious Collector since I have roughly 120 different official TV series releases in my collection including my OVa and movies. If I count the fan subs for my non Region 1 yet or never to be released shows then I'm probably around 140 or so.

Sadly, the rules laid down by Le Academie du Collectors Seriouse specifically preclude counting anime movies towards your Serious Collector status. You may - assuming you get special dispensation from the Le Secretaire-Generale of the Le Academie - be allowed to count OVAs that are of at least 12 episodes in total (assuming each episode is no less than 24 minutes long, including OP & EN).

Crying or Very sad Sorry, I don't make the rules - I simply report them.
silencer226

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Anime:
Corpse Princess Bundle (It was cheaper on Rightstuf)
Hellsing Ultimate 1-2

Manga:
Negima Vol 25-27

And Funimation will be releasing 5-7 of Hellsing Ultimate next year right? I hope they continue the steel case releases, I'm a sucker for stuff like that.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Found the 2002 Gundam trilogy collectors box on Amazon for $17 after shipping. Pass on the AL "remastered" one. According to my buddy, the picture quality on both look the same. I'd rather have the box.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Spectacular Saturday pickups!

Just ordered:

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Vol 1 w/Artbox, Vol 2,3,5 and 6
Paprika
Nana 7 of 7
Masked Rider The First

Kind of sad, as I am coming to the realization that there really isn't any older stuff out there I don't have already. And of course, without Jojo Vol 4, which according to the RightStuf Corollary, means that if RS carries all volumes except 1 or 2, they will invariably be super expensive in other markets.....le sigh.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote
FaytLein wrote:
Kind of sad, as I am coming to the realization that there really isn't any older stuff out there I don't have already. And of course, without Jojo Vol 4, which according to the RightStuf Corollary, means that if RS carries all volumes except 1 or 2, they will invariably be super expensive in other markets.....le sigh.

Hey man, I've got an emailer setup so that Ebay emails me with all the latest entries of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, but volume 4 just doesn't show up. I shall continue my search, though.
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
asimpson2006 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Sadly, the rules laid down by Le Academie du Collectors Seriouse specifically preclude counting anime movies towards your Serious Collector status. You may - assuming you get special dispensation from the Le Secretaire-Generale of the Le Academie - be allowed to count OVAs that are of at least 12 episodes in total (assuming each episode is no less than 24 minutes long, including OP & EN).

Crying or Very sad Sorry, I don't make the rules - I simply report them.

I don't know what kind of collector this makes me (insane?) but I just did a quick count and I have 103 TV series on DVD that I have not even started to watch yet! There are 5-6 others that I have watched partway and a couple more on order. (I've watched 84 TV series I own, some several times).

I don't even want to think about how many other unlicensed shows I have fansubs for that I have not watched (or only watched part of).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 561 of 1401