• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Domestic Girlfriend Creator Comments on Backlash From Overseas Fans

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:37 am Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
Key wrote:
DRosencraft wrote:
What's crazy to me is that anyone saw the original plot and thought, "yeah, this'll have a good ending." I mean, the way if apparently develops is certainly more of a 10-alarm dumpster fire than most other options, but a 2-alarm fire and a 10-alarm fire is still a fire. What part of "high school boy starts sexual relationship with his two step-sisters" doesn't sound like it will end badly? Rolling Eyes

This is my thought exactly on the matter. Honestly, after watching the anime version (which I liked), I would have been disappointed if the story wasn't a hot mess at the end.

I liked the anime version precisely because it was a hot mess.

Even a hot mess can be well written one... and up until the last few chapters, it had been, more or less. I never got to the anime version because I'd been reading the manga long before it aired.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5