• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Why is the ending of Gurren Lagann so sad?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Drills can't fill in holes.

I don't care! Anime hyper Besides, the way Gimmy talked, it seems this could have been fixed with spiral power. But then Yoko was like "blah blah Simon is not God blah blah" and my friend and I were like "F*CK THAT. F*CK THAT. F*CK THAT JUST DO IT!!"

lol

Quote:
I take it you haven't seen Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water, then?

I actually haven't. There are a lot of Gainax shows I haven't seen yet...though I do want to eventually see them all. Because even if we get trolled a lot by Anno and Imaishi, Gainax is still one of the greatest anime studios that's ever lived.

(Imaishi left anyway. He's my favorite art director...so I can't wait to see what he comes up with on his own!)
RHachicho

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:47 am Reply with quote
Because .. apparently .. Having the main characters love interest die/become trapped in a parallel world/go back to her home planet rather than hook up with the lead automatically makes any program edgy and artistic.

Yeah I don't see it either.
RGaspar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
A Mystery wrote:
Just a sec. Sorry in advance for this comment. I didn't read anything in this topic because I don't want to know anything about a show I haven't watched, but the topic title has somehow already spoiled me Laughing

Am I the only one that thinks Gurren Lagann didn't have a sad ending, but a rather bittersweet one?

Real sad endings are like the "troll-like" second to last spoiler[Clannad After Story episode.]

I think very much alike Duskypredator: Simon did everything he could in life, he had no other reason to live for because he has achieved his ultimate goal. In fact, if we knew he was such an extremist (or simplistic?) guy, spoiler[this ending was rather more happy than Simon attempting suicide after it's all said and done Razz]

What bugs me it's not the ending but other stuff, like Nia being Simon's love of his life instead of Yuko. Heh Razz
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4