• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mermaidsushi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:15 am Reply with quote
Need help remembering the name of an anime. It's been a while so it might be a bit of a stretch. From what I can remember these monsters/spirits of some sort come to earth through a portal or a hole.

Then there are these people (a group of students who all go to the same school) who have been specially selected to fight these monsters. There were only suppose to have a certain number of students? These students (both male and female) have a spirit or a being living inside them that they could merge with (or that come out) and do battle.

The first episode has one of these monster appear over the city from a black hole and a female student from the academy (who might of been shopping at the time) jumps in to fight the monster but is overwhelmed. She is then saved by a guy who comes out of nowhere. He also shows abilities of sorts. I think he saves her and a little girl on the street below (as the battle goes on in the air). He doesn't initially go to the school but later is transferred in (after the just mentioned incident).

Because there can only be a limited number of students with these abilities they have high status or are respected by society.

The last episode I remember. The school gets attacked by these monsters/spirits and the students are left trying to defend it and I think the girl from the first episode creates this bubble or vortex around everyone to keep them safe protection?

If you have any ideas of what this could be please help. It's driving me crazy!
nomed44

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for identifying that anime for me.

I'm looking to Identify this anime from this Coub. A girl fighting a guy in green jacket, then gets thrown on trash bags.

https://coub.com/view/1kxljg
Key

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:00 pm Reply with quote
Mermaidsushi, there are a number of titles which could at least vaguely and partially fit that description. Can you narrow it down a bit by commenting on when and where you saw it? And was it set in modern day or a fantasy setting?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
horseradish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:32 pm Reply with quote
nomed44 wrote:
Thank you for identifying that anime for me.

I'm looking to Identify this anime from this Coub. A girl fighting a guy in green jacket, then gets thrown on trash bags.

https://coub.com/view/1kxljg

This clip is probably from the anime Kotoura-san and the girl appears to be Hiyori Moritani.
nomed44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Horseradish!

Ok - I'm looking for this anime - It's on a coub - I looked at all the other videos. I cannot for the life of me, figure out what anime this is.

https://coub.com/view/1jx3qx
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:30 am Reply with quote
That one is spoiler[Fruit of Grisaia]

(I've spoilered the name because I realized that it was something of one. Though without seeing the name, you'll have to rely on your general feeling about spoilers to decide whether to look or not)
nomed44

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:29 am Reply with quote
Thank you Yttrbio!

Ok - I have no video clips, or pictures for this anime request.

Another Anime Request !!!

I remember watching this anime a long time ago. Where this female guardian (or something such) gets "seduced" more or less bribed with panda cubs for some reason. I dunno why but that scene just stuck with me. I just remember her in a white shirt in bed, with like 2 to 4 panda baby cubs just cuddling, sleeping.

Can anyone help me remember the name of this anime?
horseradish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:44 pm Reply with quote
nomed44 wrote:
Thank you Yttrbio!

Ok - I have no video clips, or pictures for this anime request.

Another Anime Request !!!

I remember watching this anime a long time ago. Where this female guardian (or something such) gets "seduced" more or less bribed with panda cubs for some reason. I dunno why but that scene just stuck with me. I just remember her in a white shirt in bed, with like 2 to 4 panda baby cubs just cuddling, sleeping.

Can anyone help me remember the name of this anime?

Can you recall more details?

Edit: Is it possibly from Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de?

Last edited by horseradish on Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
nomed44

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:05 am Reply with quote
Thank you horse!

Yeah - That's it if you look up Shinra Kuonji plus Panda in images. The image somewhat shows up. It's funny though, when you were asking for more details, I wanted to say, it somewhat reminded me of black butler, or that hikikomori girl with the handsome guys, rich aunt anime tv show.
nomed44

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:37 am Reply with quote
Ok - have another request - I saw this guy, character in an anime. Anywho, got lost in all these darn anime coming out now. I was wondering if anyone could Identify him, and the anime that he is in.

This is the coub video.

https://coub.com/view/1pgdgw
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:08 pm Reply with quote
nomed44 wrote:
Ok - have another request - I saw this guy, character in an anime. Anywho, got lost in all these darn anime coming out now. I was wondering if anyone could Identify him, and the anime that he is in.

This is the coub video.

https://coub.com/view/1pgdgw

That is Yuu Otosaka from Charlotte.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:46 pm Reply with quote
I recall seeing an anime clip where there's a little boy (maybe toddler to kindergarten age) and his parents bring him to daycare (or maybe kindergarten, whatever) and, because he's been raised in America up to this point, he goes around trying to greet his new playmates by attempting to kiss them. Any ideas? (there's a possibility I'm actually thinking of a manga too, I only saw this briefly once)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 am Reply with quote
tenchi muyo ova 4 is this series over after just 4 ep? has anyone heard anything , had such promise hoping for more

Last edited by #859658 on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
horseradish

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:13 pm Reply with quote
#859658 wrote:
is this series over after just 4 ep? has anyone heard anything , had such promise hoping for more

What series is this?
nomed44

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Ok - I'm back again - If anyone helps and I dont reply in time. Thank you!

I know this first character in the coub video is from Plastic nee san or something.

I'm trying to identify this woman, and what anime character is in. She has white hair that takes and wields this whiteish sword that turns blood red.

https://coub.com/view/1py5et
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 551 of 569