• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vampire in the Garden (ONA).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 9:55 am Reply with quote

Vampire in the Garden (ONA)

Genres:
Themes: vampires

Plot Summary: It's been a long winter for mankind, overthrown from its place of dominance after being defeated in the great war against vampires. A small city-state protected by a massive wall of light has become one of the last strongholds of the human race -its leaders determined to regain control over the world they have lost.

But within the oppressive city walls, young Momo dreams of a peaceful coexistence with humans' greatest foe. On the other side, vampire queen Fine, who once loved a human, has decided to desert the battlefield. Seen as betrayers by their own kind, the two have a fateful encounter during yet another savage battle. Together they start a journey in search of "Eden," an utopic garden of peace that old stories are whispering about, but no-one has ever seen... (Source: Production I.G)

May 16, 2022 (Netflix)
----------------------------------

Review by James Beckett

This Week in Anime: Monique Thomas & Jean-Karlo Lemus

The ANN Aftershow
Is Vampire in the Garden Anime Any Good?
by Lynzee Loveridge, Jacki Jing, & James Beckett

Last edited by nobahn on Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 2:59 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this 5-episode OVA. In fact, I wish it had been a full cours TV anime because I really got invested in the relationship between the two lead characters (one a vampire, the other human). As I mentioned in a different thread, I interpreted their attempt to find a "paradise" where humans and vampires could co-exist in harmony as an allegory for lesbians trying to be accepted by wider society but that just might be me slapping on the yuri goggles. In any case, I really liked the background art with its heavily Russian and steam punk visual settings.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I rated this at 10/11 and explicitly stated that people should just marathon the 5 episodes and decide on their own. I liked the OST but thought that the series was just too damned short. I believe that the multiple tragedies are things that YMMV with.
MaritLage

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:18 am Reply with quote
(she/her)

i·m going to watch this with my NBfriend
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1