• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Domestic Girlfriend Creator Comments on Backlash From Overseas Fans

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:53 pm Reply with quote
You know I don’t know what’s happening in the story for this manga it’s not my cup of tea and I don’t think it’s really worth anyone’s time to check it out basing from the premise. With that said it’s crazy people thinks it’s worth their time to harass the creator because the story isn’t going the way they wanted. Like is this really the manga people want to get up in arms about like really this one.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Iam one of thoose that hated how the manga developed and instead of keeping with it and see how it goes i lost all hope after few more chapters and simply dropped it and thats the end of story... But hearing how the story ended i guess i can say iam not surprised of the backlslash it got but well thats nothin new though.. u see that often when u got love triangle or harems etc with drama mixed...
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:14 pm Reply with quote
i dont think I've ever seen an author get so much hate. and so undeserved. feels bad man
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm not following the manga, so I don't know what this is about story-wise, but this is sadly quite common for popular series, even for non-romantic manga. Like when I think of how much hate Kishimoto got at the end of Naruto because some peoples pairings didn't win...

What's even more rude about all this is that every time the hate and rant posts come several days before the official release of the magazine, meaning those people pirated leaked chapters, then immediately rant on the mangakas page about it... That's just super disrespectful.
cchigu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I know that you peeps are going to act like goody two shoes and try to defend the author. But being an author of such a popular series, he obviously knew that he was going to get hate. Author's behavior kinda irks me.
Dragon_Kaiser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:24 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:
I know that you peeps are going to act like goody two shoes and try to defend the author. But being an author of such a popular series, he obviously knew that he was going to get hate. Author's behavior kinda irks me.

First off the creator is a Woman as stated in the article secondly saying it’s ok to harass some just because their work is popular is asinine.
Sheriru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I am not surprised. After around half of the Story the Mood of the People turned sour and what she did with last couple of Chapter was ... something. I always tried to defend i,t but it got real bad and i thought Hare Kon was the Top 1 train wreck...

Also i am surprised she is actually a Woman, same with Hare Kon. I never thought Woman could think "yea, thats ok, thats what a woman would do" regarding their Stories, lmao.
D.E.D.E

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:34 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:

Ahh the old, ‘they’re famous, therefore it’s ok to harass and bullying them for everything they’re worth online’ excuse.
classic Rolling Eyes

The hilarious part of all of this, is the absolute nerve and entitlement of these so called ‘fans’ who probably aren’t reading the manga through legal means in the first place lmao.
NiPah
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:36 pm Reply with quote
cchigu wrote:

The author is a women, also sure I’ll defend the author, the absolute filth that send hate and toxicity to creators because they don’t like how a story turned out are just about the lowest dredges of humanity. I’m not “goody two shoes” for defending the author from hate, any person with an idiom of humanity would be ashamed that a creator gets hate and had to distance themselves from their own fans because the filth became too much.
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:37 pm Reply with quote
First off, the harassment is most certainly not OK.

But from what I have seen it looks as if the author is trying to find an ending that leaves the maximum number of people angry with how things turn out. It really looks like the ending has been crafted to please no one, except perhaps people who hate fans of the series.

But doing anything more posting a 'hated it - here's why' and resolving to never purchase anything by the author again is going too far - especially if you are attacking the writer rather than criticizing the work.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:38 pm Reply with quote
When are people going to learn that writers are the masters of there own story and the audience themselves are just the followers of said story and if they dont like the direction it is heading they can just leave, no one is forcing you to like it so they dont have the right to threaten someone over what is said in a freakin page.

Some people really need to just face reality and move on, not going on death threat rampage sigh.
PonSquared

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Could someone be kind enough to post a synopses of the ending behind a spoiler tag? I watched the anime and am curious how it ended in such a way as to piss, apparently, everyone off. Thanks in advance.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Also I do think we need to emphasize this:

The whole backlash was initiated BEFORE the final manga chapter was even published in Japan, so in other words, "foreign" people know it due to image leaks, remember the international twitter trending when there are huge developments in One Piece and other shonen series, and Japanese readers and publishers got confused and outraged that we aren't trying to be considerate on manga spoilers that were obtained illegally? Come on, people, at least wait a bit, or least wait until you read the full chapter.

Quote:
Could someone be kind enough to post a synopses of the ending behind a spoiler tag? I watched the anime and am curious how it ended in such a way as to piss, apparently, everyone off. Thanks in advance.

Well, it's a bit of a challenge due to how messy the later developments (yes, soooo much messier and more melodramatic than what you watched from the TV adaptation) , but I will try:

spoiler[After numerous back-and-forth incidents (read: repetitive romance plots) between Hina, Rui and Natsuo , Rui accidentally got pregnant thanks to her relationship with Natsuo, she ultimately decide to give birth to the child instead of abortion. Meanwhile, Hina was involved in a "almost" fatal car crash and was in coma state. Rui ,Natsuo and their daughter was taking care of Hina the whole time (although Rui and Natsuo was living together at the time, they did not marry) , and Natsuo slowly realizes he actually loves Hina all along (yes, I know, please bear with me) Years later, Hina has awaken from the coma state, and Natsuo immediately married her. Rui and her daughter then moved out and living independently (but still paying visits to Natsuo every weekend)

In the end, I really felt sorry for Rui's daughter, she is gonna have a hard time to grasp her dad's behaviors)

]

Last edited by Engineering Nerd on Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
TichoSlicer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I dont even know the ending, and i dont want to know, but Hina should had died in the stalker arc, thats all i'm gonna say...
cloudthe23

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I don't see the problem, the best girl(Hina), the one who stayed by Natsuo's side, worked hard, supported him in all and put her life on line for him, got her happy ending over the useless one(Rui) who just left and couldn't stand up fer herself.
I see this as the perfect way to end this mess.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5