• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Man Says His Allegations Against Daman Mills Were Fabricated

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:17 pm Reply with quote
It was literally asked for in this thread but okay, I guess if we ignore that context entirely then your post makes sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
#icyermc

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
#icyermc wrote:
So - honest question.

Why do a lot of you say “Believe all victims” until they redact their statement and say they claims were fabricated? That seems a little hypocritical, wouldn’t you think?
I'll tell you who I don't believe are bot accounts who just signed up days ago for the sole purpose of defending Daman.

I’ve used ANN before but I never got an account because there was no need to have one. I signed up for an account recently because I wanted to contribute to this thread. Plus, I wasn’t defending Daman. Please do look at my previous posts before commenting something stupid. Just because I got an account recently doesn’t mean that I am a bot and automatically supporting Damon.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:14 pm Reply with quote
The top quote of yours is not the first time in this thread that you've thought you were breaking new ground with these gotcha!-bad-faith arguments. It's been done before. It's the same kind of move as all the anti-vaxers putting the CDC on a pedestal now that they're scaling back mask-use.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:37 pm Reply with quote
O_o I wouldn't put Covid on the same tier as sexual assault.
Gem-Bug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I definitely wasn't comparing those two things themselves, but the similar way people are trying to condone their bad-faith arguments in the context of each:

I.e. People not believing victims, but now in this case where the victim has withdrawn their statement are going "Well if you "believe all victims" actually you should be believing them when they withdraw their statement, right???"

Which is similar to:

Anti-vax folks who have been critical of the CDC and scientists/health professionals during this entire pandemic now going "Aren't you listening to the CDC? They're getting rid of masking now! You should do what they say!".

Both cases are folks being against something until it benefits them or their argument. Does that make more sense?
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, guess so. Yet being against both can blow up if one's not careful.
therjabundo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:43 pm Reply with quote
James_xeno wrote:
As for Daman, one way or another, he likely should start looking for a new profession. Things are going to get really ugly if he's not at least forced to. (the post history is damning enough already in this case I think)

In my view, Funimation and other dubbing companies will probably slowly and quietly let him go as if he is going to gradually fade away from the industry instead of releasing a public statement condemning his actions and cutting ties with him immediately. Or he could be real man and address the allegations because we still need to hear his side of the story so we can have a proper conclusion.
therjabundo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:32 pm Reply with quote
ranran-001 wrote:
therjabundo wrote:
So that means the supposed "victim" framed Daman by using Daman's Facebook account to send messages to himself, did I get that right? What's going on here? And what will happen to Daman and his career now?

Well no, not necessarily. There was never any fabricated evidence, at least none that has been admitted to.

Yeah, like I said earlier in this forum, the evidence will remain authentic unless some sort of computer geek proved the screenshots were indeed doctored, verifying the view that the victim was lying and made a false #MeToo story.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:39 pm Reply with quote
At this point, Mills sending out the C&D has officially became the beginning of the end of his career.
#icyermc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Daman Mills has posted an official statement on his Twitter about this. Please check it out and the quote retweets that were posted.

Link to tweet thread:
https://twitter.com/damanmills/status/1519406826491625472?s=21&t=zZrJCZWRDSwqA1EHKJyFZw
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:46 pm Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8