• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Man Says His Allegations Against Daman Mills Were Fabricated

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:45 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know there's still no evidence that the screencap images were fabricated and people are jumping the gun in assuming they are. But now that Duncan is withdrawing his a allegations, Daman is not really helping his case by continuing to be silent about his side of the events, and he needs to put out some sort of statement soon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:49 pm Reply with quote
At this point, any screen-shot of Daman making pedo-/ephebophilia-type comments
(like this one: twitter.com/PickledJean/status/1504783425223471130) will have me suspicious. That is, I don't know whether or not to believe if those images are real.
crazieanimefan1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
As far as I know there's still no evidence that the screencap images were fabricated and people are jumping the gun in assuming they are. But now that Duncan is withdrawing his a allegations, Daman is not really helping his case by continuing to be silent about his side of the events, and he needs to put out some sort of statement soon.

Blame the lawyer for that, they told him to keep quiet. But I get a feeling a statement might be in the works in the next few days. Yet if you look at what happened with Vic, who couldn't shut up for anything, Daman is probably doing the right thing by shutting up.
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Sorry that I’m repeating myself constantly at this point, but I also agree that Daman and/or his legal representative(s) need to put out at least one statement about this matter. We logically cannot come to a complete conclusion about what happened here until we get his side of the story.
Waterstarlight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:57 pm Reply with quote
They found more posts from Daman from 8 years. They are pretty yikes.
https://twitter.com/deludeddragon/status/1504962774992048129?s=20&t=ySTDJlaZGKvZ_LICv9lSZA
That being said I’m hesitant to call him out on that because that was from the late 2000s and early 2010s, which was the time everyone used edgy humor on the internet. Like, I saw much worse from people who are famous Youtubers today and who are genuinely nice people.
ranran-001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:40 pm Reply with quote
kazamatsuri wrote:

You'll notice in his Google Doc that Duncan went out of his way to emphasize that the incidents took place when he was "under 18." But he failed to do his research. Turns out, the age of consent in Ohio is 16, which would have been his identifiable age (at the very least) when the first instance of sexual contact took place.

If we are still going by the idea that Duncan was telling the truth, then:

If Daman and Duncan had conversations before he was 16 then the age of consent does nothing to absolve Daman from accusations of grooming.

Last edited by ranran-001 on Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ocixon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:56 pm Reply with quote
There is a new twist to this story. Duncan was doxed earlier this week, the same day he retracted his story actually, and it may have been done by someone in Daman's circle. The brand new, anonymous account that posted Duncan's personal information took a screenshot of a Facebook post that listed his real name, but what they didn't realize was that post was not visible to the public. It was restricted to friends only. That person happens to be good friends with Michele Knotz, who is very close with Daman.

It's not proof positive that someone on Daman's side doxed Duncan, but it's a certainty that they already knew who he was.
Waterstarlight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Ocixon wrote:
There is a new twist to this story. Duncan was doxed earlier this week, the same day he retracted his story actually, and it may have been done by someone in Daman's circle. The brand new, anonymous account that posted Duncan's personal information took a screenshot of a Facebook post that listed his real name, but what they didn't realize was that post was not visible to the public. It was restricted to friends only. That person happens to be good friends with Michele Knotz, who is very close with Daman.

It's not proof positive that someone on Daman's side doxed Duncan, but it's a certainty that they already knew who he was.

Is there physical proof of that? Because if people keep spreading these stories and not bring proof it will only make things worse for Duncan.
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I knew it. I knew that all of this wasn’t over yet. I feel that things will only get crazier from here on out…
Ocixon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Waterstarlight wrote:
Is there physical proof of that? Because if people keep spreading these stories and not bring proof it will only make things worse for Duncan.

I don't believe I could link to that as it would probably be moderated, but it's not hard to find. If you look at the post that published Duncan's information, you'll see a Facebook screenshot with an icon of two people next to it. This means it is shared only to their friends. When a Facebook post is public, the icon looks like a globe.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Waterstarlight wrote:
They found more posts from Daman from 8 years. They are pretty yikes.
https://twitter.com/deludeddragon/status/1504962774992048129?s=20&t=ySTDJlaZGKvZ_LICv9lSZA
That being said I’m hesitant to call him out on that because that was from the late 2000s and early 2010s, which was the time everyone used edgy humor on the internet. Like, I saw much worse from people who are famous Youtubers today and who are genuinely nice people.

There's also posts made by Daman which also shows evidence of racism.
https://mobile.twitter.com/deludeddragon/status/1503487145729826824
Waterstarlight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:31 pm Reply with quote
Ocixon wrote:
Waterstarlight wrote:

I don't believe I could link to that as it would probably be moderated, but it's not hard to find. If you look at the post that published Duncan's information, you'll see a Facebook screenshot with an icon of two people next to it. This means it is shared only to their friends. When a Facebook post is public, the icon looks like a globe.

I’m going to take your word for it. I tried searching it on Kiwifarms but I couldn’t stand it any longer before it made me sick.. That place is vile. So I gave up because no way I’m looking through all that shitshow. So again, I’ll believe you and take your word for it.
MarzGurl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:04 pm Reply with quote
There sure are a lot of new accounts here who are more than happy to post links from serial harassers who have doxxed people for years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Because a screen-shot can easily be faked, really sucks not knowing if these screen-shots are legit or not!
livin_large

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 12:24 am Reply with quote
This whole thing seems really sad. The worst reality is this is all actually true but Daman and his voice-acting friends are trying to intimidate and bully people into silence, which unfortunately we've seen a lot of. But even the best case scenario still doesn't look good either if the truth is saying that sex with an underage boy was actually consensual. The more I hear about the American voice acting industry, the worse I find it and glad I do not watch dubs and support these people and their companies.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8