• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tonbo! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Tonbo! (TV)

Source: Manga (ongoing @ 48 volumes, written by Ken Kawasaki, illustrated by Yū Furusawa)

Demographic:

Animation Studio: OLM (Team Inoue)

Genres: drama

Themes: golf, sports

Plot Summary: Igarashi was disqualified as a pro golfer after a certain "incident" and thus moved to Kagoshima Prefecture's Tokara Islands to step out of the limelight. On these islands known as "Japan's last unexplored wilderness," he encounters a naive girl named Tonbo.

Air Date & Platform:
April 6, 2024 (Saturday)
Available on: Amazon Prime

Episode Count / Runtime: Pending
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1

Geez, how did I miss writing about the premiere last week? Anyway, I like this. Sports anime is not my favourite genre but so far this one isn't coming across as super sporty despite the fact that golf is obviously a prominent part of the story. I like the genki Tonbo and her dynamic with Igarashi. And just like a Salad Bowl of Eccentrics, this title is avoiding the "sweet & sour" dynamic of a sweet girl paired with a grumpy old man who treats her gruffly. Her grandfather clearly isn't sold on Igarashi, though, no doubt sensing there is something troubled about the man. Anyway, looking forward to the next episode that I guess drops sometime tonight on Amazon. Kinda surprised that Amazon is back in the new anime show business. They seemed to stop running new anime a number of years ago.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1