• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:41 am Reply with quote
Well played, good sir.

Pip pip cheerio.

-----------------------

Although, it should be noted that we're called Virginia because of your "Virgin Queen".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ryand-Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Let me try this out

Name Uchenna Kema

Sex Male!

Blood Type O Positive

Location Goose Creek, South Carolina, Joint Forces Base

Marital Status Single

Age 21

Ethnicity: African American

Religion Generic Christian

Drink/Smoke Not during this phase!

Likes: Studying, reading the internet, Anime (well that went unsaid), PT sessions, sleep.

Dislikes:
Dirtbags, low effort, terrible food (why can't you make collard greens right cooks!)

Favorite anime: Ghost in the Shell First Gig

Favorite manga
: Biomega

Favorite book: Things Fall Apart, Freakeconomics, Superfreakeconomics. So I'm an economics nerd, sue me!

Favorite Game: Super Robot Taisen W

Favorite Drink: "Long Island Ice Tea, in theory of course"

Favorite Sites:
SomethingAwful, Animenewsnetwork, Wired, The Guardian, The New York Times, Colony Drop

Favorite Sport (to play): Battleball. Its pretty much rollerball without the roller blades.

Favorite Sport (to watch): US Football.

Favorite Music: J-Rock OR hip hop depending on how the stars align.

Job: Electricians Mate.

Hobbies: Reading, consuming media, touring, phototraphy

Fun Facts about me:
I have mastered the fine art of multiple alarms in one room, which has lead to some fun times before class. I also have managed to cross a city by accident! I'm just a happy guy, who occasionally likes a bit of a nap, I swear!

Favorite Quotes: "If pain is weakness leaving the body, and exhaustion is weakness leaving the mind, then insomnia truly is the greatest state of all!" Unknown, said by someone during brief week.

"There are two hells, and when you are finished here, you will be thankful for the Devil, because he stops, while Rickover does not", Unknown Petty Officer.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/RedWing56/Self%20Portrait/picanom-picture-02_2011-07-02.jpg

Edit: Picture!
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:29 am Reply with quote
Ryand-Smith wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a real African American. Next time someone calls my half and half ass African American I'm gonna say, "Dude, my name is Aaron Hart, not Uchenna Kema. I'm just black."

Also, I must ask: Who, in this day and age, still calls people "dirtbags"? That's...funny. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
registerednurse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quote
Name: Kate Jolie
Sex: Female
Marital Status: Single
Religion: no
Drink/Smoke: Drink and smoke.....no
Dislikes: sweet food
Favorite anime: Nana
Favorite game: Metal Gear saga
Ryand-Smith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:58 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Ryand-Smith wrote:

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a real African American. Next time someone calls my half and half ass African American I'm gonna say, "Dude, my name is Aaron Hart, not Uchenna Kema. I'm just black."

Also, I must ask: Who, in this day and age, still calls people "dirtbags"? That's...funny. Laughing

Hey, dirtbag is the generic term that the navy (and some marines) use for That Guy, the guy who is always late/doesn't PT/doesn't study etc. I can't help it, its part of my lingo. I'm just happy I'm not the only black person on here, I was afraid for a bit before I randomly page searched!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:14 am Reply with quote
The Marines have landed! Welcome aboard, Ryand-Smith. I believe there are a few other current and/or ex-leathernecks around.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm just happy I'm not the only black person on here, I was afraid for a bit before I randomly page searched!

There's a recent thread where all the black people talk about being black anime fans and how the the White Fan holds us down.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:39 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Code:
I'm just happy I'm not the only black person on here, I was afraid for a bit before I randomly page searched!

There's a recent thread where all the black people talk about being black anime fans and how the the White Fan holds us down.
I see what you did there. Laughing

But yeah, I'm a black dude too. Good to meetcha, Ryand. Cool
cuckundu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh hey now that I've already made eight posts maybe I should do this too

Sex: Male

Blood Type: O negative. Universal donor, baby :D

Religion: I don't necessarily believe in any religion but I'm hesitant to really call myself an atheist. Agnostic atheist, maybe?

Pets: Two Maine Coon cats. They are MASSIVE.

Drink/Smoke: Nope

Favorite anime: Shakugan no Shana, Stellvia, Hen Zemi, The World God Only Knows

Favorite Manga (Light novels): PokeSpecial, Prince of Tennis, Ga-Rei, Soul Eater

Favorite Books: Harry Potter, the Ender series, the Old Kingdom series, a lot of others

Favorite game: Pokemon Sapphire specifically, but all main series Pokemon games are wonderful. The Sims and Super Meat Boy also stand out

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Anything Monty Python, The Mighty Boosh, Avatar: The Last Airbender

Favorite Drink: Orange Fanta > *

Favorite Foods: Hungarian cuisine. Lord, those Magyars can make good food.

Favorite Sites: ANN, Facebook, Slashdot, Wikipedia

Favorite Sport (to watch): Tennis or Ice Hockey

Favorite Sport (to play): Tennis

Favorite Music: There is really no way to describe what type of music I listen to. I listen to such a broad variety, and yet I can't say "most types" or anything like that cos there's a lot of music out there I wouldn't go near. A few of my favorite artists are Mika, The Scissor Sisters, A Fine Frenzy, Regina Spektor, and Jonathan Coulton, but I listen to many, many more than that. Also I like to listen to anime OP's and ED's, but I don't really get into J-pop beyond those.

Job: Intern at a law firm. FUN TT_TT

Hobbies: Writing, programming (when I feel like it), watching anime, reading manga, playing games, reading Wikipedia
Roshi1030

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:09 am Reply with quote
Name: Rich Gaulin
Sex: Male

Blood Type: A Positive

Ethnicity:Native American 1/4; Canadian

Religion: Native American ways

Pets: One cat, Maine Coon named Buttmunch

Drink/Smoke: very little of both

Likes: Intelligent conversation; cat girls; life in general

Dislikes: ignorant or closed minded people

Favorite anime: Madlax; Polyphonica; Gunslinger Girl to name a few I have a large collection

Favorite Manga: haven't gotten into manga (as of yet)

Favorite Books:
Hiero's Journey; Dune; Battlefield Earth; The Eiger Sanction

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VII; Oblivion; Fallout 3; Resistance

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Don't watch much tube, as for movies I have a large collection there too wouldn't know where to start

Favorite Drink: Green Tea; iced or hot

Favorite Foods: Chinese take out; anything on the charcol grill; spagetti and meatballs

Favorite Sites: Good question veritable newbie to web based interaction; amazon (i buy all my anime for there) Anime On-line

Favorite Sport:(to Watch) U.S. Football; baseball

Favorite Music: I listen to a little bit of everything; Jazzman by Nature

Job: Non-Standard Associate (fancy name for a person who does the jobs that no one else wants to do) pay is good and it's consistant work that's all that matters.

Hobbies: Hiking; Rafting; fishing; collect Anime; writting

Fun facts about Roshi: Big Kid (wouldn't know how to act my age)

Perspective: Since I have started intercating on-line I have been keenly curious on how some one my age is looked upon on site such as this.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote
Roshi1030 wrote:
Perspective: Since I have started intercating on-line I have been keenly curious on how some one my age is looked upon on site such as this.

There's a healthy contingent of folks around here who are well out of their twenties, so while we're in the minority it's certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

There was a fairly long running thread a while back in the anime forum about being an over-30 anime fan, and it turns out there are a lot of us.

Welcome to the forums! Anime smile
Roshi1030

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote
thanks: that's good to know; it is true that there are plenty of anime fans over thirty (it would be foolish to think otherwise). In my circle I'm one of a very few that do watch or collect anime; that is why I am curious. Anime smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote
Hey, Roshi1030 - I'm one of the site's resident greybeards. I turned 46 at the end of last April. There's a very cool guy called Alan45 who posts here - and the 45 stands for the year he was born in (1945, not 1845, heh). So you don't even have tto worry about being the oldest. Very cool that you have some Canadian blood in ya, too!
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, there's a bunch of users [of which have disclosed their age range] (including some mods) over here. Blood- is a huge exception, he really doesn't sound like a 46 year old. I wish I'm still that childish when I grow up. Laughing
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Blood- is a huge exception, he really doesn't sound like a 46 year old. I wish I'm still that childish when I grow up. Laughing
Yeah, no joke. If he hadn't said so himself, I never woulda pegged him to be as life experienced as he is. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 129 of 233