• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
shirokiryuu wrote:
MasterYeshua wrote:
I'm noticing there are alot of J-pop fans here. So I have to ask this question that has always bothered me, is it unusual to listen to J-pop if you can't understand Japanese? Is it strange that I enjoy L'Arc~en~Ciel even though I need subtitles to understand the lyrics? Please tell me I'm not the only Embarassed ?

No way! Music should be universal! Language barriers shouldn't matter.

By the way, I love L'Arc~en~Ciel to death. ^___^

show a piece of sheet music to three composers. one american one japanese and one russian...they all can play it. musci is universal...even if the lyrics arent.

and yes..L'arc forever!
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:07 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Alrighty, more edits yet again to my "dating profile" back on page 5 heh. Be sure to check out my zodiac sign and give me a call. Wink

Alright I decided to edit my original bio post (bottom pg 1) to reflect information that was previously listed as "unspecified". I've been thinking about how I honestly have been rather deceptive and misleading about things in previous posts and that it probably left people confused or annoyed, so I want to extend my deepest apologies to anyone who was offended or who felt I was offering to give details about me but I didn't even have the consideration to be true about the most basic stuff. However this may raise more questions about me, but I just really want to be more honest and open about myself and with fellow forum community and to clear up any confusion that might have occurred. I am guessing about 99% of people didn't really care or didn't bother to give it any thought, but for those 1% here is something closer to a resolution in case you were curious.

Consider this me coming more out in the open about my gender and sexuality since there are ANN users who do know me IRL but may have suspected something about my situation yet not realized it yet. I may even build up the courage to post a picture someday, but things are kind of complicated right now and I would rather hold off. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Last edited by P€|\||§_|\/|ast@ on Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Viga_of_stars

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:08 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

You're so adorable Very Happy I wanna put you in my pocket so I don't lose you.

agreed. also theres some pics of me here.

http://otakubooty.bootyproject.org/op.asp?i=8896

they get bigger when you place your mousearrow on them.
scriver058

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Eh, since i'll be posting here for the time being, i'll formally introduce myself.

Name: Carlos (first name is all you get)

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Should I know this?

Marital Status: Single

Ethnicity: Puerto Rican and Spaniard.

Religion: Agnostic, though my family is catholic.

Pets: A pit bull-terrier mix.

Drink/Smoke: I do have the occasional drink, but that's a hell no to the smoking.

Likes: Sporadic socialization, video games, basketball, going to the movies, many different kinds of music, and relaxing.

Dislikes: Overly arrogant people, overly despearate people, basically most people who are overly anything.

Favorite anime: Rurouni Kenshin, FullMetal Alchemist, The Guyver 12 episode OVA, Gantz, 8-Man After, Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, Samurai Champloo, Trigun, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, The Street Fighter 2 movie and Rurouni Kenshin: Trust and Betrayal.

Favorite Manga: Death Note, Rurouni Kenshin, Trigun Maximum, Hellsing, Dragon Head and Berserk.

Favorite Books: I don't read actual books a whole lot, but I have read and enjoyed works by James Baldwin, Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare and a few others.

Favorite games: Final Fantasy IV, Shinobi for the PS2, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, all of the Metal Gear Solid and Onimusha games, Soul Calibur 2, and some others I can't remember.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Fave movie is Kill Bill, followed by Ong Bak the Thai Warrior, Bend it Like Beckham, Scarface, Ichi the Killer, Love & Basketball, The Departed, Paid in Full, Pirates of the Carribean and so on. Television wise, I don't watch a whole lot, but shows I almost never miss are Law & Order, Entourage, Scrubs and Seinfeld.

Favorite Drink: Any hard liquor, or Lime Smirnoff mixed with something like Sprite.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Hawaiian Punch, Iced Tea, lemon-lime soda.

Favorite Foods: I love pizza. Otherwise, I enjoy a lot of Hispanic dishes.

Favorite Handgun: Well, i've held handguns before, though not the one I would've liked to have held, a .357 Magnum.

Favorite Sites: This one, a few other forums for anime and other stuff, Myspace, Nobodysmiling.com.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Basketball (go Knicks!), Baseball (go Mets!), Football (go Giants!) and sometimes boxing and hockey.

Favorite Sport (to play): Basketball, and I dabble with baseball and football.

Favorite Music: I love almost anything, except Country. Right now, i'm heavily into the latest from Amy Winehouse, Nas, My Chemical Romance, Akon, Maroon 5, J-pop group Flow's greatest hits album, The Game, Talib Kweli, and a variety of other stuff.

Job: Currently, an out of work writer and college student.

Hobbies: Collecting anime, DVD's, working on my own manga and other literary works, basketball, and so on.

Pictures:Here I am!

Fun facts about me:
Won a spelling bee in 3rd grade
Is afraid of heights
Won a playwriting contest in high school
Has a HUGE family
Zodiac sign is Libra
Isn't particularly motivated to do anything ATM
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Viga_of_stars wrote:
kolibri wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

Hi Viga! Yaay finally pictures of Viga I have been wondering so long. You're very pretty and I see that PM I sent you finally got to you (oops I'm not supposed to comment on photos, sorry).
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Name: Nicholas Cervenka

Sex: Male

Blood Type: Dunno

Marital Status: Single, Possibly in the Process of being taken

Ethnicity: Mulatto (Black/white)

Religion:Christian

Pets: 0

Drink/Smoke: Can't stand smoking, I drink though.

Likes: Metal, Videogames, pron, bowling, 80/s90s stuff, nostalgia, puppies, dragons, wolves, tigers, Math, English, Anime, Movies that dont suck, pretty girls, the internet, sex (if he could get some), dating (if he could find someone), Rockstar, The Karate Kid, Luis Royo, Spiderman. Xmen

Dislikes: Smoking, idiots, idiot drivers, preppy college guys (the kind with the pink polo shirts with the collars turned up and flip flops. you know the kind), post 90's pop, Rap/RnB/Hip Hop

Favorite anime: Scrapped Princess, Elfen Lied, Azumanga Diaoh, Slayers, FMA

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Dont read manga

Favorite Books:[/b Lord of the Flies

[b]Favorite game:
Legend of Zelda, OoT, FFVII, FFT, FFX, God of War, Guitar Hero, Xenogears, MGS I, III

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Robot Chicken, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, Waynes World, I, II, Sandlot, Billy Madison, Pan's Labrynth, Little Miss Sunshine, Sin City

Favorite Drink: Long Island, Jagerbomb

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Diet Soda

Favorite Foods: Chinese, Pizza

Favorite Handgun: Screw that, I'm not a Redneck, nor do I live in the Ghetto (really, WTF kind of survey question is that?)

Favorite Sites: Animenewsnetwork, Myspace, Facebook, Metal-rules.com, RPG Classics

Favorite Sport (to watch):I used to watch wrestling

Favorite Sport (to play):Dont play any sports

Favorite Music: Rock- PInk Floyd, Kansas, Bloodhound Gang, Tool, Transatlantic, Spocks Beard. Metal- Megadeth, Dream Theater, Nightwish, Nevermore, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Death, Arch Enemy, X-Japan, Savatage

Job: Walmart Produce

Hobbies: Bowling, Drinking, Video Games, Listening to Music

Fun facts about DR
:N/A

Favorite Quotes: "No one F**ks with Noah, Man, not even Chuck Norris"-Angry Nintendo Nerd
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:
Alrighty, more edits yet again to my "dating profile" back on page 5 heh. Be sure to check out my zodiac sign and give me a call. Wink

Alright I decided to edit my original bio post (bottom pg 1) to reflect information that was previously listed as "unspecified". I've been thinking about how I honestly have been rather deceptive and misleading about things in previous posts and that it probably left people confused or annoyed, so I want to extend my deepest apologies to anyone who was offended or who felt I was offering to give details about me but I didn't even have the consideration to be true about the most basic stuff. However this may raise more questions about me, but I just really want to be more honest and open about myself and with fellow forum community and to clear up any confusion that might have occurred. I am guessing about 99% of people didn't really care or didn't bother to give it any thought, but for those 1% here is something closer to a resolution in case you were curious.

Consider this me coming more out in the open about my gender and sexuality since there are ANN users who do know me IRL but may have suspected something about my situation yet not realized it yet. I may even build up the courage to post a picture someday, but things are kind of complicated right now and I would rather hold off. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Ya know, the one or two PM's I had with you in the past (heh I used your name as a figure of speech, I'm so awesome lo) make a lot more sense now heh. I had my suspicions but I make it a point not too intrude onto other's personal lives if they don't want to share it(especially of this nature). I can understand the picture complication part. Kudos to you for being brave and posting your info though. Very Happy
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Viga_of_stars wrote:
kolibri wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:

Hi Viga! Yaay finally pictures of Viga I have been wondering so long. You're very pretty and I see that PM I sent you finally got to you (oops I'm not supposed to comment on photos, sorry).

Yes, you look really nice Viga. Not what I pictured, but that doesn't matter, almost no one has, and like I said, you look really nice anyways. Thanks for the comment on my pic! Very Happy I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has made me blush with those ones! Embarassed

EDIT: Oh, we're not supposed to comment on other's photos? Or is that just your rule Past? sorry if we're not.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:

Yes, you look really nice Viga. Not what I pictured, but that doesn't matter, almost no one has, and like I said, you look really nice anyways. Thanks for the comment on my pic! Very Happy I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has made me blush with those ones! Embarassed

EDIT: Oh, we're not supposed to comment on other's photos? Or is that just your rule Past? sorry if we're not.

I agree with BrothersElric, many people have not quite fit what the mental image I have perceived in my mind. That's not a bad thing at all. I like surprises and it's been surprising, and fun, seeing what people look like. Everyone has looked really nice, though one or two a bit scary with their mob/morning faces Shocked heh, and I'm still amazed us guys looks so normal and good (that means you too Elric, figured I'd jump on the bandwagon heh). Even Darth Zac himself looks normal lol. (though I'm still convinced he can at least transform into evil Zac with blazing red eyes, a deep omnipotent voice, and a bitchin cape billowing in the wind)
Meiaminkbell

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
<----

*refuses to show pictures for ambiguity reasons*

I want you all to see me as a girl in cow uniform every time I make a post, just like I see my friends as their avatar (one of which I fear really DOES look like a chibi-Gendo Ikari, and while I'm sure a second doesn't look like Misaki from Tenchi Muyo!, is just as awkward).
bluepita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:29 am Reply with quote
I have time to play tonight. Very Happy

Name: I will answer to blue, to pita, or to bluepita here. Smile

Sex: Female

Blood Type: Red??

Marital Status: Recently married (I just like to say that. How many days until it wears off?? We figure I get at least four more. )

Ethnicity: Mutt

Religion: Atheist

Children: One daughter - 9

Pets: Two cats ( a tortiseshell and an orange munchkin), Two dogs (beagle and dachshund), Two Millipedes, One hermit crab

Drink/Smoke: Drink occasionally, mostly Shiner beer. Cigarettes were my first love, left behind but never forgotten.

Likes: Reading...reading...um...video games, hubby and daughter time, dogs, I don't know, I like a lot of tiny insignificant things. Hmm, I do like trying new things in general. For most of my life, I was too scared to, so I am trying to make up for lost time.

Dislikes:There aren't enough words, I am a moderately cranky person. I don't like people who don't use their brains.

Favorite anime: Hunter x Hunter, Gungrave, Maria-sama, some other things

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Hmm I don't know

Favorite Books:Go to the library, walk into the fiction section and point. Anything you hit, I like.

Favorite game: Mario Party in all its incarnations Embarassed I don't know why I just like the Mario Parties.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Scrubs (as far as I can tell, there are no other tv shows.) Lots of movies, Kill BIlls, Dogma, all sorts of stuff

Favorite Drink: Shiner Bock

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Dr. Pepper

Favorite Foods: Cake...I could list other things but it all comes back to cake.

Favorite Music: Alternative rock

Hobbies: reading and cooking

Wow, my life looks so boring like that, yet some I never stop...What gives?

Photos:
These are the pics I put in the answerman thread.

Fancy pic, lol, but not what I like look like at all

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/bluepita/wedding3.jpg

Older but this one looks more like me

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/bluepita/867737713_m.jpg
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
You look really good for 30.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:02 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
Ya know, the one or two PM's I had with you in the past (heh I used your name as a figure of speech, I'm so awesome lo) make a lot more sense now heh. I had my suspicions but I make it a point not too intrude onto other's personal lives if they don't want to share it(especially of this nature). I can understand the picture complication part. Kudos to you for being brave and posting your info though. Very Happy

Oh yeah... I completely forgot about that little discussion between you I, and dormcat a while back. Thanks for your understanding.

@ BrothersElric
Zac and others made a point that those who do not post their own pics shouldn't be commenting on others, plus there was someones pic I was critiquing (albeit in a funny manner). But no (for picture commenting) it's just me, or anyone else who is too camera shy, I guess.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:16 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:

Wow... that took a lot of courage to put that info in your bio alone. Good for you.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:34 am Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:
You look really good for 30.

She looks really good. Period.
30 isn't old! (the older I get, the younger the ages seem to me...40 doesn't sound very old to me anymore...)

Past, I really don't think anyone here would ostracize you for being you.
The best way to be happy is to be comfortable being you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 233