• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ningensei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:23 pm Reply with quote
panties wrote:
That's Sakura from Card Captor Sakura. She's totally adorable no matter what kind of weird face she's making, isn't she? Laughing

I thought that was her, but then second guessed myself because I didn't remember her making such a strange face, with a weird tongue like that. Razz But you're right, she is still cute anyways.

panties wrote:
There was a thread on /a/ a day or two ago about anime girls on toilets, and the girl in the opening post's image had some kind of stick in her mouth, and participants in the thread were having a semi-serious debate over whether the object in question was a thermometer or a pregnancy test. For reasons I can’t quite remember, the thread then turned into men fighting over whether or not girls had to stick their hands in their vaginas every time they had to pee to properly "aim." That kind of mindlessly humorous conversation is exactly why I go to 4chan. It's just funny, and not meant to be taken seriously at all.

Shocked I see. I guess I can kind of understand that if you want to be entertained and such. But wow, is that completely random and out of nowhere conversation.
Miho

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe I haven't done this yet...

Name: Call me Miho

Sex: Female

Blood Type: O+

Marital Status: Single

Drink/Smoke: Neither

Likes: Video games, drawing, taking walks, cats, dogs, food, computers, sleeping, cooking

Dislikes: Rudeness, elitists, any kind of racist, bad drivers, hot weather

Favorite Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura, Azumanga Daioh, Kodocha, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Di Gi Charat, Strawberry Marshmallow

Favorite Video Games: The Mario Kart games, Super Mario 64, Phantasy Star Online, Starfox 64, Tales of Symphonia, Tetris DS, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure, Nintendogs, Mario Party 8, etc.

Favorite Drink: Tropical Juice, Coke

Favorite Foods: Nachos, ice cream, waffles, chinese food, oranges, grapes, steak, ramen, rice, etc.

Favorite Sport: Tennis, Swimming

Favorite Music: No specific favorite, just whatever catches my ear

Fun Facts: Uh... I can't think of any. ^^;

Last edited by Miho on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:12 am; edited 12 times in total
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:00 am Reply with quote
Y'know now we don't have a welcoming sticky in the anime forums. So I'll say Welcome to ANN, Miho. I hope you have a rewarding and enjoyable time here.

Ahh Ohio, my favorite state that starts and ends with the letter O Wink
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:56 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Y'know now we don't have a welcoming sticky in the anime forums. So I'll say Welcome to ANN, Miho. I hope you have a rewarding and enjoyable time here.

Ahh Ohio, my favorite state that starts and ends with the letter O Wink

This was supposed to take the place of the welcome thread and I recommended, and am recommending it again right now, the word welcome be put into this thread title somewhere. It seems by title like a get to know you thread and not a welcome thread, which is what it's supposed to be. So mods maybe you might want to change the title around just a bit to convey that idea. Maybe something like, "Welcome to ANN / Tell us about yourself." Plus I got mystery bags just waiting and they need homes dangit. Anime hyper

While not really new I'm going to join Past and welcome Miho to ANN. May your continued stay here be less scary then what it's probably been so far. Laughing As is/was customary I must now impart onto you your sacred mystery brown bag of super cool items. Being the long awaited (I like to tell myself that so don't ruin it for me people heh) return of the mystery bags yours is super special. Yours contains a years supply of accumulated spit from a phoenix, all of my fireworks remains from the 4th, the allspark from Transformers (I sneakily stole it for myself), the hair from a wombat ties around the feathers from a dodo (they're not extinct, they live in my basement), and the full never before released complete series of Cookie-san no Newsroom by ANN (this isn't even supposed to exist and you have no idea what I had to do to get it. I still feel dirty after 15 showers Shocked ). May these gifts bless your life, and don't forget;

Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink.
Miho

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the mystery bag psycho Wink Though I don't think I want know how you got that Cookie-san no Newsroom set Shocked
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Miho wrote:
Though I don't think I want know how you got that Cookie-san no Newsroom set Shocked

Thats a shame, I would imagine that it is quite an interesting story. Laughing
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I think it's one of those things that is better to keep shrouded in psycho 101-like mystery.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Let's just say I won't live down the shame of what they did to me for a long time. You're welcome for the gifts btw Miho.
daxomni

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Name: Chris

Sex: Male

Blood Type: No idea

Religion: Atheist

Drink/Smoke: Drink all the time but I've only smoked once.

Likes: Anime, off-center movies, computers, nature, pets, traveling, eating, finding new things to dislike.

Dislikes: Television, hot weather, stale food, hypocrisy, meeting new people, introspection.

Favorite Anime: Akira, Azumanga Daioh, Castle in the Sky, Cat Soup, Grave of the Fireflies, Kite, Memories, Millennium Actress, Mind Game, Nausicaa, Neo Tokyo, Only Yesterday, Ping Pong Club, Princess Mononoke, Princess Tutu, Spirited Away, Tenchi Muyo, & Totoro.

Favorite Video Games: Final Fantasy VII & IX, Ultima VII, & IX, Half Life 1, 2, & Ep. 2.

Favorite Drink: Orange juice

Favorite Foods: Everything related to junk food (Pizza, burgers, tex-mex, etc.)

Favorite Sport: None (I suck at all sports)

Favorite Spectator Sport: Basketball

Favorite Music: Pop & rock from 1980's and first half of 1990's.

Fun Facts: I'll have to get back to you.
undeadben

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:10 pm Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
While not really new I'm going to join Past and welcome Miho to ANN. May your continued stay here be less scary then what it's probably been so far. Laughing As is/was customary I must now impart onto you your sacred mystery brown bag of super cool items....[A bunch of stuff nobody in their right mind would want][/i]

Now, psycho, you must be fair, there were a bunch more posts before Miho. You better start coming up with a lot more mystery bags and quick, including one for yourself. You can skip those who you presented them to already in the old welcome thread.
omar235

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:

daxomni wrote:
Dislikes: hot weather

Hmm...were you born in Texas or did you move there because of your job. Confused
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
Now, psycho, you must be fair, there were a bunch more posts before Miho. You better start coming up with a lot more mystery bags and quick, including one for yourself. You can skip those who you presented them to already in the old welcome thread.
Uh oh, looks like Psycho's got his work cut out for him.

Oh sometimes I like to be clever when filling out the following question in online profiles: "Blood Type"

I'm always tempted to put something like,
"whichever one is most tasty" or
"what were my blood choices again???" Twisted Evil

I noticed someone put for their favorite drink: the blood of innocents.
Cool, no my favorite drink is actually orange juice also.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
The time for procrastination is over! Here goes:

Name: William

Sex: Male

Blood Type: O- (Anybody need a transfusion? Wink )

Religion: Festivus (for the rest of us Wink )

Drink/Smoke: Drink on rare social occasions. I dabbled in smoking, but ultimately, thankfully, never picked it up.

Likes: Anime, Video Games, movies, TV, hiking in the mountains of Colorado, spending quality time with members of the fairer sex.

Dislikes: People who think they are the only customer at the pharmacy that we have( I'm a pharmacy tech BTW), people who don't signal while driving, people who bring their elementary aged children to inappropriate movies and then commence to feed them with noisy, crinkly wrapped food from outside of the theater.....ummm, yeah, stuff like that.

Favorite Anime: Cowboy Bebop, Trigun,Rahxephon, Eva, Planetes, Princess Tutu, Koi Kaze, all ROD, FMA, all FMP, Gunslinger Girl, Elfen Lied, Now and Then Here and There, Kodocha, and many more. I gotta give props to my gateway: Gall Force: Eternal Story.

Favorite Video Games: Xenosaga/gears, FF series, Tales series, Halo, N3, Zelda, RE 4, Oblivion, and lots more.

Favorite Drinks: Diet Mountain Dew, Vanilla/Coke Zero, Pepsi Jazz caramel flavor.

Favorite Food: T-bone steak(yay psycho!), Italian, Mexican.

Favorite Sport: I like to watch NASCAR. Go Jeff Gordon!

Favorite Music: Dance, Trance, House, 80's, anime OST's

Fun/Interesting Facts: On anime DVDs that have a credits section, I always view them and say "thanks guys" out loud to the screen.

Back in Feb 2006, Shinichiro Watanabe visited Houston and I, along with other ANN members and several ADV voice actors, was invited to the Japanese Consul General's house for a private reception. Another ANN member was allowed to interview him; however he had a sore throat and I was asked to conduct the interview! I was scared,nervous, and extremely excited at the same time. At one point while we were conversing, I mentioned that my favorite story arc of Samurai Champloo was with Sara. He replied,"That's my favorite too". Oh wow Shocked . The interview was supposed to be posted here on ANN, but never was(probably because I had zero interview experience and I literally had 5 minutes notice that I was conducting the interview. Therefore, it probably wasn't very good. I'll never forget the experience,though Very Happy

Pictures

Original pic from Answerman thread with my nephew and I
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/whearn9999/647855890110_0_ALB1.jpg

Picture of other members and I with Watanabe-san at the reception. I'm the guy on the left.
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x83/whearn9999/ShinichiroWatanabereception2-10-060.jpg
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:51 pm Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:
psycho 101 wrote:
While not really new I'm going to join Past and welcome Miho to ANN. May your continued stay here be less scary then what it's probably been so far. Laughing As is/was customary I must now impart onto you your sacred mystery brown bag of super cool items....[A bunch of stuff nobody in their right mind would want][/i]

You want me to go and compare all the posts made here and find out if they posted before and got gifts in that 100 page old thread?! Shocked How much spare time do you think I have?! Good Lord. I tell you what, anyone who posted here and is relatively new, or simply never got one and wants one, PM me and I'll make you a wlecome bag and post it here. Cool That fair enoguh undeadben?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:06 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
You want me to go and compare all the posts made here and find out if they posted before and got gifts in that 100 page old thread?! Shocked How much spare time do you think I have?! Good Lord. I tell you what, anyone who posted here and is relatively new, or simply never got one and wants one, PM me and I'll make you a wlecome bag and post it here. Cool That fair enoguh undeadben?
Hey, what happened to your minion? Well I shouldn't say minion as she's got her own baggage to carry with the Guess That Character Game to referee and keep track of everyone's scores.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 233