• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RHachicho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I dunno it would be cool to go somehwre and go I am Captain Yamato and then actually point it out to them when they tell you you're being an ass. You would probably rate at least 2 or 3 awkward apologies a day. I know I get a decent mileage out of Ramez Hachicho. I have been Rambo, Ramses, Razmataz, Ramsek.

It's only 5 letters god dammit!
Tomoko Kotonari

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Time for me to be vague as possible.... because I am like that. :3

Name: Go with my username, k?

Sex: Many times...Opps. c__c

Marital Status: I ate my mate...Oh wait, never married.

Ethnicity: Eastern European

Religion: Judaism.

Pets: I have a pit bull. She's afraid of everything.

Drink/Smoke: Na, a waste of time.

Likes: Sleeping, writing, drawing, history, reading... Smart people stuff?

Dislikes: Shocked I have many, which I don't feel like listing.

Favorite anime: Kino's Journey, Haruhi, Cowboy Beebop, Yu-Gi-Oh!, FSN, whatever else interests me at the time.

Favorite Manga: Same as above.

Favorite Books: American Gods

Favorite game: I don't play video games.

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Making fun of the History Channel because it's all sensutialized... As for film, I like Kill Bill, Watchmen, LotR, etc.

Favorite Drink: I don't drink.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Green-tea~

Favorite Foods:Chicken...Chicken is good.

Favorite Sites: I have many.

Favorite Sport (to watch): Uhhh, one time I watched some dancing competition where everyone was in bikinis. Does this count as a sport? c___c

Favorite Sport (to play): Biking.... Yeah, about it these days... I don't think hiking counts as a sport.

Favorite Music: I like anything from Eastern Europe, Israeli rock.

Job: College student.

Hobbies: Writing, making comics, writing history, researching, costume making, etc.

Last edited by Tomoko Kotonari on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Tomoko Kotonari wrote:

I'll place my bet on Israel.

Quote:
Drink/Smoke: Na, a waste of time.

The National Association of Cars Fuelled by Alcohol thanks you.

Quote:
Favorite Drink: I don't drink.

I suppose you eat lots of watermelons?

Welcome, by the way. My name is egoist, and I'm 16 years unshaven. I grew up inside my mom's purse, but nowadays I live alone; inside a box. And not to brag about it but, one of my legs is apparently hairier than the other.
Tomoko Kotonari

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 am Reply with quote
Well, I do drink liquids...Because unfortunately not surviving on water is not one of my super powahs. Boxes make good homes and as for your legs...I cannot help you there either because legs are legs, they help you walk even if one is hairier than the other.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I decided that for my 1234th post I would do another introduction, one that's not plain and boring and looks like everyone else's. Also, hopefully the people who do one for now will know how it's done and will put some pizazz in it.

Name:
Aaron Hart. Two A's in the first name and no "e" in the last. Not Aron, Arron, Aeron or Erin <-That's the girl's way, I'm a boy.

Sex:
Maybe later if I'm in the mood. So that means yes, I urinate standing up.

Blood Type:
Since I'm apparently one the 10 people on this board that knows I'll share it- A+, people.

I live on a farm in good ol' Virginia. Yee Haw. I even have a nice little snapshot of my house and our land via Mapquest. That's an old picture, though, because it definitely doesn't look that anymore. Yes, that's me saying hello behind my house.

Marital Status:
Single call me

I'm 19 and I'll be 20 in late August. I'm shocked when I remember how young I am, feels like I've been alive forever. Doesn't help that I was, like, the 4th youngest to graduate in my class (17 years and 284 days 13 hours 55 minutes 6 seconds)

Ethnicity:
I'm what you call an oreo, a zebra, a fancy penguin, a chocolate milkshake, an ice cream sandwich, a moonpie. Half black half white in case that went over your head. Also, I'm black, not African-American. I'm not from Africa, neither is my dad, his dad and maybe not his dad either (we don't know that one). I'm just saying white people don't go around calling themselves Irish/Scottish/Australian/Canadian/German/*insert dominantly white country that had lots of emigrants years ago*-Americans. They call themselves white, so I call myself black.

Body Type:
I'm an athletic 185 pounds at 5'8". Before you see that weight and freak out, know that I'm not overweight. I could afford to lose 5-10lbs, but that's about it and who couldn't afford to lose that? I'm a pocket Hercules.

Pets:
I have 11 dogs. A Rotweiler/German Shepard mix named a Rocky(8yrs) and 8 Australian Shepard mixes named *deep breath* Buttercup(4yrs), Duce(4yrs), Casper(2yrs), Daisy(2yrs), Pepper(2yrs), Midnight(5mths), Runt(5mths), Scamp(5mths), Lita(5mths) and Charger(5mths).

Drink/Smoke:
I used to drink when I was in high school and then one night (the night of my graduation) I got really sick and decided to never drink again. And I haven't. I would usually stop drinking at a point and just switch over to water, but not that night and paid the price for it. Also, smoking is disgusting. I don't care how hot you are and what kind of awesome personality you have, if you smoke you're instantly disqualified from the Aaron Hart sweepstakes.

Favorite Game:
I love anything Zelda and Mario so Super Smash Bros is like sex. I'll also play Halo and Gears of War every now and then. The Pokemon games are pretty addictive as well and can't wait to get Soul Silver (they need to make a damn RPG for the Wii already). Those are about the extent of my gaming since I don't do it as much.

Favorite TV Show:
I mostly stick to Comedy Central, NFL Network and ESPN(2). Favorite shows from others include iCarly, Spongebob, Mythbusters, Dog Whisperer, Dexter's Lab, Seinfeld, The Office, Aqua Teen Hungerforce, The Venture Bros, Frisky Dingo and The Most Extreme.

Favorite Drink:
Water. I became addicted in 8th grade when I started weight lifting because I needed to keep hydrated. I keep a gallon jug in my room out of habit. I do drink fruit drinks every now and then, but tend to stay away from carbonated drinks because they can burn my chest.

Favorite Sites:
I don't surf much and stick to only a few that include ANN, Explosm, Mistakes of Youth, Funimation's site and Least I Could Do. However, I do have about 10 sites I keep bookmarked when I want to buy anime.

Favorite Food:
TACOS! Hard shell, not that soft shell bullsh*t. I love everything Spanish, but tacos rule. I'm a huge advocate of putting hot sauce and/or jalapenos on everything so it makes sense. I also spent 11 years of my life in a Hispanic neighborhood- how could I not pick up some taste for it?

Job:
Co-owner of our family business- a trash pick up service. Suck it college!

Favorite Sport to Play:
I'm competitive as hell and love playing all real sports. Volleyball, badminton and football are my favorites.

Favorite Sport to Watch:
It used to be the NFL, but they keep pussifying the rules and that makes it less entertaining. Look, I don't have a big problem with changing the rules to make it a little safer (even though we know the risk when we play...), but once you start changing the rules for ratings I have problem. I put it like this: Football is fun to watch, the NFL is what pisses me off.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Apparently my original post was too big and full of awesomeness to just be one post.

Fun Fact Time!
Arrow I'm a huge collector of anime. If there's a limited edition set out there, I want it. If I have a choice between singles + box and a box set, I opt for the singles every time. Unless, of course, I find the box set more appealing (think Higurashi).

Arrow I have 1.5 closets full of clothes and I didn't pay for any of them. The couch I'm sitting on, the bed I sleep on, the desk I'm typing on, the Entertainment Center my TV is on, the shelf my anime resides, my microwave, my surround sound system were all free. Perks of the job.

Arrow I was a three sport athlete in high school with Football, Winter Track and Spring Track.

Arrow Actually, because of football (and one fight my sophomore year), I've suffered from 7 concussions in a 4 year span; 2 of which I lost consciousness. One, after a fight, was for an hour and half, but I was still moving around and continued weight lifting(think Rock Lee when he was fighting Gaara in Naruto during the Chunin exams, just for an hour and a half). Next thing I know I'm waking up in the boys locker crying my eyes out because it feels like my brain just exploded. The other was only for about a minute after someone took a cheap shot during a drill for football. While it doesn't affect my intelligence, I do forget things very often, sometimes hear loud ringing noises and am very prone to strong headaches/very mild concussions from the slightest bump to my noggin. Also, by forget things, I mean forget things. There have been times when I go down the stairs to get something and don't remember getting off my couch just seconds before or I'll forget where a trashcan goes after dumping it. Stuff like that.

Arrow Also because of doing so many sports for so long at such a high level, my body has suffered big time. Things pop and sometimes my muscles just scream at me. Actually, earlier today, I thought something ripped because my knee popped, caused me to scream in pain and fall over. I was fine after about an hour, though. That's a usual day in life and times of my body: Something pops and I think I'm going to do.

^Edit: Actually, I think I may have popped something because my knee has been bugging me all day. I'll be walking down the stairs and it feels like I'm one second from my leg falling apart (that's how my oldest bro tore his ACL). I feels like I'm 2 seconds away from having a visit to the hospital. Yay.

Arrow I can't sleep in past 7:30am. I could stay up all night and go to sleep at 7:29am and still wake a minute later. I do believe this is why I didn't suffer from hangovers, though.

Arrow Speaking of sleep, the longest I've ever slept is 15 hours in 8th grade. I came home, did my Geography homework, decided to take a nap and the next thing I know my mom is waking me up at 7 the next morning telling me I've been asleep for 15 hours and need to get ready for school. I wanted to go back to sleep.

Arrow I shattered my wrist in 3rd grade and miraculously didn't shed a tear (more than I can say about the people around me, including my mom). I think I was shocked from the sight of my arm. That's what I get for trying to skate backwards after just learning a week before.

Arrow Speaking of my shattered wrist, because my body is so weird, the doctors gave my mom two options since the medicine wasn't knocking me out: 1)They could up the dosage and hope it takes me out without killing me or 2) Strap me down and leave me conscious to feel every snap and crack as they slowly pop my wrist back into place. Well, my mom did me a favor and chose the first option.

Arrow I've thought about becoming a voice actor because I have dozens of voices from extremely high pitched to sounding like a hollow from Bleach and knack for public speaking and voice over ability. However, voice actors make it sound like they're scraping for pennies every month and that's deterred me.

Arrow I love racist jokes. A good one is always a side-splitter, but when you're a scared, little white person that's afraid he'll get shot, you totally kill the joke. Either tell the joke or go back to being the guy who looks around the corner to see if a black/mexican/jew/gay is near. If it's funny, it doesn't matter how mean it is.

That's about all I can think of right now. Time for pictures:
Most recent: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3875/120757.jpg
Couple months ago. Check afro growth: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8098/1000498.jpg
Wearing the Shuffle panties: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1447/175327.jpg
I love that Lucky Star shirt: animenewsnetwork.com/images/cms/answerman/32611/strange-little-man.jpg

Now egoist and Blood- get to tear me apart. Be gentle.

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Now egoist and Blood- get to tear me apart. Be gentle.

Yes, once my hangover is gone.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Aw, you're drunk post was hilarious.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
KoH, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to mock, ridicule and otherwise taunt you...

...but the truth is those two collective posts are a damn fine introduction and basically set the gold standard for those who want to do such things up right.

The one element that did make me wince, however, was this:
Quote:

Arrow Actually, because of football (and one fight my sophomore year), I've suffered from 7 concussions in a 4 year span; 2 of which I lost consciousness, once being for an hour and half, but I was still moving around (think Rock Lee when he was fighting Gaara, just for an hour and a half). The other was only for about a minute. While it doesn't affect my intelligence, I do forget things very often, sometimes hear loud ringing noises and am very prone to strong headaches/very mild concussions from the slightest bump to my noggin. Also, by forget things, I mean forget things. There have been times when I go down the stairs to get something and don't remember getting off my couch just seconds before or I'll forget where a trashcan goes after dumping it. Stuff like that.

Ouchie. Them's a lot of concussions in a short time period. More than any doctor would recommend, that's for sure. Protect that noggin, dude, we don't want you getting any weirder than you already are. Wink
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I quite agree with Blood+. Besides I don't really mock others, I just point out what's to be mocked. Because I'm a family guy.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Holding the Shuffle panties:

Pic wouldn't load for me, but you're just holding them? Lame. Now if you were wearing the Shuffle! panties...

The Haruhi pillow-cases are too small for my own pillow. For shame... Crying or Very sad
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Since KOH decided to do this again, I decided I should to

Name:

Anthony, last name is in my user name so you should be able to figure it out.

Sex:

Male

Blood Type:

Don't know

In the middle of nowhere called Mechanicsburg, PA (I love it though)

Marital Status:

Single (Not looking)

24, 25 in May (Almost half way to fifty as I keep telling my parents)

Ethnicity:

Scots-Irish

Body Type:

An out of shape 149 lbs. At 5'8.5 that would be the normal weight for me, but since some of it is fat and not so much of it muscle I am not ask happy as I could be about it.

Pets:

2 dogs, both Basenjis Misha (8 years old, 9 next week) and Dillon ( 8 years old)

Drink/Smoke:

Can't stand smoking, I do drink but I have stopped at the moment.

Favorite Game:

I love all types of games, but my favorites types are racing, hack & slash, Rail shooters, Light gun games, and fighting games.

Favorite TV Show:

I barely watch TV expect for sports and news, but my two favorite shows are The Speed Report (A show looking at the weekly highlights of professional racing in the US and around the world.) and Wind Tunnel ( a weekly call in show (Feb to Nov) about auto racing.)

Favorite Drink:

Water, and unsweetened ice tea. I avoid soda since I am trying to limit my intake of HFCS. I do like Red Bull cola since they use real sugar not that HFCS crap, but I don't drink it that often, maybe once or twice a month.

Favorite Sites:

ANN, Wikipedia, Facebook, Speedtv.com, autosport.com, racer.com, mynameisirl.com, d2brigade, youtube, gametrailers.com.

Favorite Food:

I love all types of food, but I love chicken and beef based dishes. Like KOH, I love putting hot sauce and jalapenos on my food. My dad has said that I even but hot sauce on my cheerios ( I've never done than but I am tempted to do so.)

Job:

Quality Assurance Professional for an outsourcing company (all jobs stay in the US).

Favorite Sport to Play:

Basketball, I would say karate but I don't consider it a sport as some might think.

Favorite Sport to Watch:

Kickboxing (though it's rarely if ever shown on TV any more), and auto racing.

FUN FACTS

Arrow Before my health started to fail me, I was massively into the martial arts. I studied for about 8 years straight, until my health side lined me now for the last 3.5 years.

Arrow Regarding the martial arts, I've studied three styles, obtained at least one black belt (Tae Kwon Do 1st Degree Black Belt), and two under belts (Ikkyu (1st grade purple belt) in Judo, and a Yonkyu (4th grade green belt) in Freestyle Karate. If I wa still active at the moment I would be at least a shodan (1st Degree black belt) in Freestyle Karate or very close to or being at the rank of Nidan (2nd degree black belt).

Arrow I still hope to one day open my own martial arts school, if my health returns to me.

Arrow I have suffered various types of injuries as a result of my karate training, but I have yet to suffer a concussion. I've been punched or hit in the eye at least 5 times (twice in the right eye, and three times in my left eye) and I still haven't gone blind yet.

Arrow I've also messed up both of my ankles (sprains and twists) but my left ankle has suffered the most. I can't stand in one place or walk for long periods of time any more without my left ankle bothering me.

Arrow Even with all the punishment my martial arts training has put me through I have yet to break a bone in my body.

Arrow I have trouble sleeping. Regardless of when I go to bed (obvious before the times I wake up), I will at one point or another wake up during the morning at 3:30AM, and between 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM, even if I don't have to work the next day.
Pleinair

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I was/am worried your post might start a flood of re-posted/re-done Intro's that aren't up to that standard, King, but that was very interesting. I admit when you guys first bombarded me I went and found your originals to see just who you were, but this is much more informative.
I won't re-do mine other then to add pics every once in a while, since I am still so fresh.
Impressive 'fro growth..
Oh, and yay dumpster diving(that's just what I'll call it)! That's how I get my bookshelves when I can, and anything else.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
KoH, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to mock, ridicule and otherwise taunt you...

...but the truth is those two collective posts are a damn fine introduction and basically set the gold standard for those who want to do such things up right.

You're right, my intro should be the gold standard noobs look to when they do this. I didn't choose "King" because I'm a pussyfoot, tallywhacker, that balls up in the corner, but because I am a figure to be followed. Thanks for the ego stroking, Blood-.

Quote:
Ouchie. Them's a lot of concussions in a short time period. More than any doctor would recommend, that's for sure. Protect that noggin, dude, we don't want you getting any weirder than you already are. Wink

Yea, that is more than what's doctor recommended, so it's a good thing the doctor (or head trainer in this case) only knew about 4 of them. See, Rockingham County (where I live) has a 5 concussions rule and if you exceed that limit you're unable to do anymore sports. Ever. Well, that doesn't float with me and so I didn't report all of them. I actually had to hide them from the coaches and assistant trainers. Was that stupid? Yes, but I was young and sports was all I really had and I would've broken down without them. Sad, but ture.

Also, I try to avoid hitting my head, but it happens every now and then. Hell, sometimes I'll get smacked and won't feel a thing (side effects-wise) and sometimes I'll get tapped and have to sit down for a while.

the Rancorous wrote:
Quote:
Holding the Shuffle panties:

Pic wouldn't load for me, but you're just holding them? Lame. Now if you were wearing the Shuffle! panties...

I can't fix the picture because I don't have it anymore, but I can meet your request. Booyah:

asimpson2006 wrote:
Arrow Regarding the martial arts, I've studied three styles, obtained at least one black belt (Tae Kwon Do 1st Degree Black Belt), and two under belts (Ikkyu (1st grade purple belt) in Judo, and a Yonkyu (4th grade green belt) in Freestyle Karate. If I wa still active at the moment I would be at least a shodan (1st Degree black belt) in Freestyle Karate or very close to or being at the rank of Nidan (2nd degree black belt).

I WANT TO FIGHT YOU! I've gone against and held my own against wrestlers, but never a karate person. I've thought about doing karate myself, but I just don't have the motivation now since my body is one big wreck. I could still muster enough to spar, though.

Quote:
Arrow I have trouble sleeping. Regardless of when I go to bed (obvious before the times I wake up), I will at one point or another wake up during the morning at 3:30AM, and between 5:00 AM and 6:00 AM, even if I don't have to work the next day.

I used to have that problem, but I went to my local CVS and got a bottle of unisom to knock me out. Usually stuff like that doesn't work on me, but this stuff puts me out like a light in 30 minutes tops and I stay asleep all night.

Pleinair wrote:
Oh, and yay dumpster diving(that's just what I'll call it)! That's how I get my bookshelves when I can, and anything else.

Well, we aren't really dumpster diving. We're doing our job and it's just...there. I'm also not a fan of the term "dumpster diving" because it makes me sound like I'm homeless and actively searching for these things (not implying you are, though).
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Wow, The King of Harts. That hair is more convenient than a multi-tool. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 95 of 233