• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote
purpleurple wrote:

Speaking from experience, I recommend you take advantage of your location when making decisions of an academic nature.

Those whose families live reasonably close to campus always seemed to have an advantage over us folk from afar, and in your case you have plenty of great options at your doorstep.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kage-Proxy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:51 am Reply with quote
Hi.

I'm new here...obviously...hence posting in the "Introductions" thread. Wink
Not new to forums or anime.
Not an otaku but a fanatic none the less.

Starting to learn Japanese so I'll be able to correct some of the terrible subs that are floating around.

Errr...what else?
Oh yes, I'm in Cape Town; South Africa.
Part of a large-ish Anime Group Genshiken.UCT.

My favourite anime to date:
TTGL
Soul Eater
Karas
GITS 2
The above is based on quality of workmanship (aduio and visual), story telling and characters.

What else?...errr...that's about it.

Looking forward to a great time at ANN! Very Happy
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:35 am Reply with quote
Hulten wrote:
I'm having a very hard time at understanding what you just tried to say...

*sigh* Most people do.

Translation:

You're not the first otaku with abs because I was rocking the 6-pack look my Freshman year. I wasn't technically an otaku (or even an anime fan) back then, but I am now so that means I was a latent otaku. I'm also sure there are tons of middle school otaku out there rubbing on their washboards. I'm also sure there are tons of people in your school who are anime fans with abs.

I'm probably one of the few otaku that can do this, aka the titty dance. No, that's not me in the video. Yes, it was weird trying to find a video of a person doing that. Now I'm being cocky because that really is a rare talent. It takes a lot of bench pressing to be able to do that.

Quote:
Edit:
I'm afraid if I post pictures of my awesome abs, that people would feel bad about themselves. Conceded, I know.

Oh, to be 16 again and have an ego the size of a blimp. How I miss those days. Now my ego is just the size of a large weather balloon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Kage-Proxy wrote:

I think that's really neat how you're from South Africa, were you born there? Pardon my intrusion, the novelty of where you're from piqued my interest I guess. And Welcome to ANN Very Happy
reiko_rage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Hi everyonee!!!

Name: Rei

Sex: Female

Blood Type: O positive

Marital Status: In a relationship

Ethnicity: 1/2 Filipino , 1/2 Irish

Drink/Smoke: Yes, and yea sometimess

Likes: Video games, anime, literature, science, playing pool

Dislikes: backseat drivers

Favorite anime:
Cowboy Bebop, Fruits Basket, Nana, Bleach

Favorite Books: Reading Lolita in Tehran, Catcher in the Rye, Waiter Rant, Crime and Punishment, Nickel and Dimed

Favorite game: all the GTAs and Final Fantasys

Favorite TV shows/Movies: just recently watched toy story 3 and it was amazing!

Favorite Drink: Cider, anything fruity mixed so I don't have to taste the nasty-ness of the alcohol

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Believe it or not, water is actually my fav drink of all timee =D

Favorite Foods: anything Mexican

Favorite Sport (to watch):
the only sport I watch is basketball. woot, go Lakers!

Favorite Sport (to play): basketball, pool

Favorite Music:
a lot of thingss. Mostly indie rock. Fav bands include: Jimmy Eat World, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and the Arcade Fire

Job: Student/Cashier at university food eatery

Hobbies: Video games, going to concerts, watching anime, reading, I tend to read a lot...

Fun facts about Rei: I can put both my legs behind my neck.
I work in a laboratory that tries to investigate the structure of proteins using crystallography methods.
I hate snakes.
I'm happy to be here at ANN. =D
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:28 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
I'm probably one of the few otaku that can do this, aka the titty dance.

Oh, my, god, The King of Harts. Going a la Michael Jackson now are we? Wink
Quote:
Oh , to be 16 again and have an ego the size of a blimp. How I miss those days. Now my ego is just the size of a large weather balloon.

Mine never faded away... actually, I had a lot less back then. But then again, I used to feel like the only human in a world full of monkeys.

reiko_rage wrote:
Hi everyonee!!!

Name: Rei

Hi! My virtual 2-d girlfriend shares the same name. Weird.
Quote:
I'm happy to be here at ANN. =D

And I'm glad you're here! Don't let people like me scare you away... as others tend to.

Well, I hope you and everyone else enjoy your stay!

Too bad Harts, nobody wants to post a picture. But don't worry, three weeks ago I took a picture of my not so sober self during a business trip to the States. Here you go.
Kage-Proxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:25 am Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:

I think that's really neat how you're from South Africa, were you born there? Pardon my intrusion, the novelty of where you're from piqued my interest I guess. And Welcome to ANN Very Happy

Hehehe.
Yes, I was born here.
Novelty?
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
Kage-Proxy wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:

Hehehe.
Yes, I was born here.
Novelty?

Well it's different, maybe novelty isn't the best word but it's cool, I suppose? I haven't met that many anime fans from Africa, let alone South Africa so it surprised me, how did you get into it?
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Is it okay if I just make another intro for stuff I missed? I feel that my intro was long enough ago that if I edited it, noone would care, and I am a nerd who craves attention.

Drink/Smoke: I'm underage, might have an occasional drink if I were old enough and it actually tasted good, and I wouldn't smoke

Dislikes: Writer's block and broad topics to write about, much like what's occuring now.

Favortie Sports (to watch): Japanese game shows, I don't watch other sports, usually, but all Mike's talk of soccer has got me considering to watch it sometime

Favorite Sports (to play): Just about anything.

Hobbies: Did I mention martial arts? I haven't been able to be in a class, but I learn from my uncle, and I prefer judo.

Marital Status: Single, haven't started dating, really

-Remember how I said my life was like an anime? Well, now I find it being more like Megatokyo, except there are at least 2 Largo's and I've never been to Japan.
liza2010

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:52 am Reply with quote
Thanks for make this forum to so comfortable for us.
My name is Liza
I am a student
fond of watching Anime Tv shows.
archaron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to all the new people at ANN. It's nice to see so many new people joining. Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 pm Reply with quote
archaron wrote:
Welcome to all the new people at ANN. It's nice to see so many new people joining. Smile

Indeed it is! So a big warm ANN welcome to tomarctus, OtakuExile, Hulten, purpleurple, Kage-Proxy, reiko_rage,sirkoala13, liza2010, and all the other new members who have joined as of late. Be sure to check out the many awesome columns we have here and of course ANNCast which is a podcast featuring members from the actual staff here. As part of your welcome it's my joy to give you all your very own mystery welcome bag of goodies. *hands them each a brown paper bag* Inside each of you will find such wonders as a handful of leaves from a Tamarind tree, a used paper coffee cup, 3 dead stag beetles, and small container of Greek style yogurt 3 months past it's expiration date. Yum-O! While enjoying your time here and your fine gifts don't forget these fine words of wisdom; "If I wanted to hear from an ass, I would fart."
Kage-Proxy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:27 am Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:

Hehehe.
Yes, I was born here.
Novelty?

Well it's different, maybe novelty isn't the best word but it's cool, I suppose? I haven't met that many anime fans from Africa, let alone South Africa so it surprised me, how did you get into it?

Gome.
A very late reply. Embarassed

South Africa, although part of the African continent is rather different than the rest of Africa.
There is a significant anime culture here actually.
Things are somewhat delayed here unfortunately but we manage rather well. Ther are number of excellent Anime Clubs that allow for the discussion of anime, Manga and the Otaku Lifestyle.

How did I get into it?
My first anime I've ever seen was Robotech and then I got hooked when I saw Neo Genesis Evangelion and it became an obessesion when I joined Genshiken.UCT Anime Society and all of a sudden I have access to a wide variety of genres.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote
Kage-Proxy wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:

Hehehe.
Yes, I was born here.
Novelty?

Gome.

South Africa, although part of the African continent is rather different than the rest of Africa.
Things are somewhat delayed here unfortunately but we manage rather well. Ther are number of excellent Anime Clubs that allow for the discussion of anime, Manga and the Otaku Lifestyle.

How did I get into it?
My first anime I've ever seen was Robotech and then I got hooked when I saw Neo Genesis Evangelion and it became an obessesion when I joined Genshiken.UCT Anime Society and all of a sudden I have access to a wide variety of genres.

Ah that makes sense, it's still cool to see Anime fans far and wide throughout the world Smile What region are you in? Do you use a multi-region-ed player, or is there an actual industry there?
Kage-Proxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 am Reply with quote
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:
Mistypearl wrote:
Kage-Proxy wrote:

Hehehe.
Yes, I was born here.
Novelty?

Gome.

How did I get into it?

Ah that makes sense, it's still cool to see Anime fans far and wide throughout the world Smile What region are you in? Do you use a multi-region-ed player, or is there an actual industry there?

We fall under region 2.
Almost all DVD players are Multi Region in any case, so there are no problems with regions.

What do you mean by industry? Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 105 of 233